The Covid-19 situation is constantly evolving, and we THANK YOU for your PATIENCE and LOYALTY as we all continue to adapt.
We currently do not offer testing in our office for patients that have been exposed but do not have symptoms. We also do not retest patients that have tested positive and have completed their 5-day quarantine. If your child has symptoms, please schedule a Telehealth visit for evaluation and testing.
For Patients who have a COVID-19 exposure or close contact, but do not have symptoms, you are no longer required to quarantine and can remain in the classroom. (Exposure = contact within 6ft of someone for more than 15 minutes within 24 hours.)
- If a child is COVID-19 positive, they should stay home while their symptoms persist. The child will be able to return to the classroom after a 5-day quarantine from the onset of symptoms and the child has been fever free for 24 hours.
- If a child has symptoms but tested negative for Covid-19, they do not need to quarantine and can return to school if fever free for 24 hours.
- After an exposure, close contact, or positive COVID-19 diagnosis, a negative COVID-19 test is no longer required for a child to be able to return to school.
- If your child has been exposed but is without symptoms, continue to monitor for symptoms for 10 days after exposure. If your child becomes symptomatic within those 10 days, they should be tested for Covid-19 and quarantine until results are known.
Where can my child get tested?
Orange County Health Services: https://www.orangecountyfl.net/EmergencySafety/Coronavirus/Testing.aspx#.YS1sCy1h1qs
CVS will test ages 3+: https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
Walgreens will test ages 3+: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing?ban=covid_vanity_testing
Use an FDA approved at home test such as:
- Quidel Quick View At Home OTC Covid 19 test
- Abbott Binax Now
- BD Veritor System for Rapid Detection of SARS COV-2
- Pixel by Labcorp
Please call before coming if you, or anyone attending the appointment, has any of the following:
- Respiratory concerns/Wheezing
- Loss of Taste or Smell
We currently allow a maximum of TWO healthy Guardians to escort the patient or patients into the lobby AND into the exam room for the appointment.
We are asking all Guardians and patients over age 2 to wear a mask, covering both the mouth and nose while inside our facility.
Please allow for siblings and additional family members to remain at home, especially if they are positive for Covid-19.
After checking in, you may choose to wait in your car, and we will call you when the doctor is ready to see you.
For your convenience, Virtual Telehealth appointments continue to be available for a variety of concerns. Often you can get your questions answered and receive appropriate treatment from one of our providers from the comfort and convenience of your home. Please ask one of our schedulers for more information.