The Importance of Timely Child Vaccinations: Building Strong Immune Foundations
Vaccinations are important for the continuing health of your child. Making sure vaccinations are timely and current is just as important. The pediatricians at Growing Together Pediatrics provide a wide range of medical care for children, including vaccinations. They have two convenient office locations in Orlando, and Ocoee, FL.
What You Need To Know About Child Vaccinations
Routine vaccinations can help protect your child against serious, contagious diseases like meningitis, hepatitis, measles, and more. Seasonal vaccinations like flu, COVID, and RSV can help protect your child during flu season and beyond.
It's important to remember that your child’s immune system is not as strong as yours, so if your child becomes ill, the symptoms and consequences of illness can be much more severe. Vaccinations can help build a strong immune system to protect your child.
Remember that when your child is vaccinated, it also helps prevent the spread of illness and disease. That means it helps protect you and your family members too. Consider these important facts about vaccinations:
- Vaccinations are safe because they are rigorously tested and approved by the FDA and CDC before they are released for public use
- Vaccinations are effective, boasting a success rate of 95% to 99% according to healthychildren.org
- Vaccinations are required for your child to attend daycare or school
- Vaccinations are convenient because they only take a few seconds and can be administered during your child’s routine well-visit appointments
These are the required immunizations from birth to age 18, according to the Centers for Disease Control:
- Hepatitis B
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- Haemophilus influenza type B
- Pneumococcal conjugate
- Measles, mumps, rubella
- Hepatitis A
- Human papillomavirus
- Meningococcal conjugate
To view or print this list from the CDC, please click here.
Want To Know More?
To find out more about the importance of timely vaccinations and how they can protect your child’s health, call the pediatricians at Growing Together Pediatrics. You can reach them in either of their locations in Orlando, and Ocoee, FL, by calling (407) 770-1414, so call today.